Senate Opposition Ends Parliament Sit-In Ahead of Ramadan, Raises Alarm Over Imran Khan’s Health
By Sadia Khan :

Leader of the Opposition in the Senate Allama Raja Nasir Abbas on Wednesday announced the conclusion of a sit-in protest outside Parliament as Ramadan begins, while voicing serious concerns over the health of jailed former prime minister Imran Khan.
Speaking to reporters outside the Supreme Court of Pakistan, Abbas said the protest organised by Tehreek-e-Tahaffuz-e-Ain Pakistan (TTAP) would be paused during the holy month, though future actions were still under consideration. He claimed the sit-in was meant to challenge what he described as unconstitutional measures by the government, alleging that lawmakers had been confined and targeted with cases, including terrorism charges.
Addressing Khan’s condition, Abbas said a medical report submitted to the court showed some improvement in the former premier’s eyesight, but added that his health remained fragile and required constant monitoring. He criticised jail authorities for alleged negligence and said legal remedies were being pursued.
The Senate opposition leader demanded that Khan be shifted for specialist treatment to Shifa International Hospital and insisted that family members and doctors, including Dr Faisal Sultan and Dr Asim, be granted access for transparency.
Earlier, PTI’s legal counsel Salman Safdar informed the apex court that Khan had lost most of the vision in his right eye, with only about 15 per cent remaining. The disclosure sparked outrage across opposition parties.
TTAP chief and National Assembly opposition leader Mahmood Khan Achakzai warned on social media that the government would be held responsible if Khan’s condition worsened.
Meanwhile, former Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa chief minister Ali Amin Gandapur claimed that Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi had made serious efforts to resolve Khan’s situation. Speaking on Nadeem Malik Live, Gandapur said Naqvi had worked more than anyone else for Khan’s release.
Imran Khan, 73, has been in prison since August 2023 following multiple convictions, which Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf describes as politically motivated. Several verdicts have been suspended or overturned, while appeals in other cases remain pending. He denies all wrongdoing.