Pakistan Conducts Cross-Border Strikes on Militant Hideouts After Surge in Suicide Attacks
By Shahzad Paracha :

Pakistan has launched intelligence-led operations targeting seven militant camps near the Pakistan-Afghanistan border in response to a recent wave of suicide bombings, including an attack on an imambargah in Islamabad and separate incidents in Bajaur and Bannu.
In an early Sunday statement, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting said authorities possessed “conclusive evidence” linking the attacks to militants described as “Khawarij,” allegedly acting under the direction of handlers based in Afghanistan.
The ministry stated that the recent attacks including the Islamabad imambargah bombing and incidents in Bajaur and Bannu during Ramazan were claimed by Afghanistan-based elements of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, along with affiliated groups and the Islamic State Khorasan Province.
According to the statement, Pakistan had repeatedly called on Afghanistan’s interim Taliban authorities to prevent militant organisations from using Afghan territory to stage attacks across the border. However, it said no effective or verifiable measures had been taken.
While reiterating its commitment to regional stability, Islamabad emphasised that safeguarding its citizens remains its foremost priority. The statement described the latest action as a “retributive response,” involving precision strikes on camps allegedly linked to factions of the Pakistani Taliban and ISKP operating in border areas.
Pakistan also urged Afghanistan’s interim administration to uphold its obligations and ensure that its territory is not used for cross-border militancy. Additionally, Islamabad called on the international community to press Taliban authorities to honour commitments under the Doha Agreement, particularly regarding the prevention of attacks against other countries.
The government maintained that lasting peace in the region depends on coordinated efforts to curb militant safe havens and uphold security commitments.